|By Maureen O'Gara||
|February 4, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
10gen, the outfit behind the open source MongoDB database, which has been downloaded 3.8 million times, has named its president Max Schireson CEO.
Former CEO Dwight Merriman becomes chairman.
Schireson has been at 10gen since 2011. He was once chief applications architect and VP for e-commerce and self-service applications at Oracle.
10gen has raised more than $81 million and its customers include Cisco, Disney, eBay and Salesforce.com.
Merriman, who was a CTO at DoubleClick, the web advertising company Google acquired for $3.1 billion, started MongoDB in 2007 with current CTO Eliot Horowitz.
- Source Claims SCO Will Sue Google
- Latest SCO News is Plain Weird
- SCO Claims Linux Lifted ELF
- IBM Tells SCO Court It Can't Find AIX-on-Power Code
- HP Starts Pushing Desktop Linux
- Linux Business Week Exclusive: Linux Kernel To Be Re-Written To Counter Microsoft FUD
- CSN Asks Judge To Unseal the SCO-IBM Court Record
- IBM's Got Its Head in the Clouds
- Noorda's Daughter Committed Suicide
- SCO vs IBM Latest: SCO To Request Unsealing of Most Documents, Claims O'Gara