|By Maureen O'Gara||
|December 11, 2012 07:45 AM EST||
MapR Technologies, the Hadoop outfit, is launching European operations in support of its growing community of customers and partners there.
Its new headquarters in London will provide MapR with a base for sales to accelerate the adoption of its high-performance enterprise-grade Hadoop distribution.
MapR CEO John Schroeder says, “There has been phenomenal Hadoop demand across Europe.”
The new office will help support existing strategic agreements between MapR and EMC, Google, Cisco and Amazon as well as system integration partners across the region.
Amazon now offers the MapR Distribution for Hadoop as an option in its Elastic MapReduce service. Customers can provision dynamically scalable MapR clusters while taking advantage of Amazon Web Services.
AWS has also made its own Hadoop enhancements available to MapR customers so they can seamlessly use MapR with AWS offerings such as S3, DynamoDB and CloudWatch.
- Source Claims SCO Will Sue Google
- Latest SCO News is Plain Weird
- SCO Claims Linux Lifted ELF
- IBM Tells SCO Court It Can't Find AIX-on-Power Code
- HP Starts Pushing Desktop Linux
- Linux Business Week Exclusive: Linux Kernel To Be Re-Written To Counter Microsoft FUD
- CSN Asks Judge To Unseal the SCO-IBM Court Record
- IBM's Got Its Head in the Clouds
- Noorda's Daughter Committed Suicide
- SCO vs IBM Latest: SCO To Request Unsealing of Most Documents, Claims O'Gara