|By Maureen O'Gara||
|September 26, 2012 07:30 AM EDT||
Ginny Rometty, who took over from Sam Palmisano as president and CEO of IBM back the first of the year, will add the title of chairman when Sam steps down from the board on October 1.
He will stick around as senior advisor until he retires on December 1.
Palmisano became CEO in 2002 and was named chairman in 2003.
- Source Claims SCO Will Sue Google
- Latest SCO News is Plain Weird
- SCO Claims Linux Lifted ELF
- IBM Tells SCO Court It Can't Find AIX-on-Power Code
- HP Starts Pushing Desktop Linux
- Linux Business Week Exclusive: Linux Kernel To Be Re-Written To Counter Microsoft FUD
- CSN Asks Judge To Unseal the SCO-IBM Court Record
- IBM's Got Its Head in the Clouds
- Noorda's Daughter Committed Suicide
- SCO vs IBM Latest: SCO To Request Unsealing of Most Documents, Claims O'Gara
- Novell Tried to Buy SUSE, Sources Say
- IBM CEO Ordered to Turn Over Linux Secrets to SCO